• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
10-17-2011, 07:51 AM,
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 18

French commander (Foul) turn 18 thoughts:
In the north
I make some progress south of Belifontaine which i hope will make Rick think twice about pushing on Lens to hard, i have some success resting my units and i now can see some green fatigue, i cannot see anything dramatic happening in this area today.

In the centre
My line south of Lens and north of the Scarpe is now reeling backwards under the weight of Rick's attack, all i can do is arrange my units to avoid any battalions being cut off, at least my 75's now come into play and i am causing some casualties, also the 38e Bde has arrived to form a line to the rear for the 88e Bde to retreat through, as expected Rick is pushing to the south of Vimy ridge in order to outflank my ridge position on the south bank of the Scarpe river.

In the south
The north ridge is now under heavy pressure, however i had to fall back anyway to align myself with my units north of the Scarpe, on the south ridge either Rick has not noticed or does not feel strong enough to test my thinned out line, each turn he does not push here makes my risky decision to move troops north of the Scarpe look like a gamble that has paid off.

Less than 24 hrs until i get some reinforcements.

German commander (RickyB) turn 18 thoughts:
Things are beginning to open up in the middle now, gaining some ground and disrupting what appears to be the bulk of the French in that area. It is time to move up my fresh battalions and relieve those at the front. The south saw some advances too, but overall the French still appear to be quite tough there, along the ridgeline.

My plan for the day will be to continue to push forward in the center and wearing down the defenders in the south, while holding in the north.

[Image: f8c0fe8a4bTurn18_French.jpg]

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !! - by Mr Grumpy - 10-17-2011, 07:51 AM