• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Calculating Victory Point Levels in Scenarios
09-30-2011, 02:08 AM,
RE: Calculating Victory Point Levels in Scenarios
(09-30-2011, 01:02 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: If the scenario is a combination of capturing VP locations and destroying the opposing army, I will add some high VP locations and determine what the VP value of both sides are. (Modern Wars has a VP total displayed in the oob editor for companies and battalions of most armies to make this task easier)

After the initial setting, a couple playtests will usually determine how the victory conditions need to be tweaked.

I'm of the opinion that a Major Victory should be just that, a victory of exceptional performance. The Major Victory condition is typically set higher in my scenarios to represent this.

Jason Petho

Excellent advice Jason! cheers

My scenario is a combination of capturing VP locations and destroying the opposing army... so I'll add up the VPs per OOB... scatter some VP locations about... and see how it goes? :chin:

BTW... it is a "fictional" scenario... so I have free rein on creativity here! :eek1: Big Grin

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calculating Victory Point Levels in Scenarios - by Kool Kat - 09-30-2011, 02:08 AM