• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: What did you think of "First Clash at Carpiquet"?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Liked it a lot
35.71%
5 35.71%
Liked it somewhat
28.57%
4 28.57%
Did not care about it too much
7.14%
1 7.14%
Hated it
0%
0 0%
Played it, but don't remember it too well
14.29%
2 14.29%
Have not played (yet)
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Scenario of the Month - September 2011: First Clash at Carpiquet
09-20-2011, 12:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2011, 12:27 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: Scenario of the Month - September 2011: First Clash at Carpiquet
Gents: :smoke:

Well... Terry took me to "school" on "First Clash at Carpiquet"... and kicked my butt! :eek1: Whip

With only 4 turns to complete our game... and a couple hundred points needed by my Allies for a "Draw"... and over 400 points needed for a "Minor Victory"... I don't see any point in continuing the agony? :chin:

No excuses on my part. As Terry correctly observed in an earlier email exchange, I "over reached" early in our game and poorly utilized my smoke rounds... and Terry was most skilled in demonstrating an effective and deadly Axis "mobile defense." The late release (delayed by 4 turns) of my reinforcements simply sealed the Allied fate a few turns earlier.

Given my recent "schooling" in this scenario... I will revise my earlier thoughts on balance! :bow:

I would rate "First Clash at Carpiquet" as "Slightly Pro Axis."

The player who takes "scalpel cuts" out of his opponent... best utilizes smoke rounds... and does an effective job of artillery management... will prevail in this exciting scenario! :cool2:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scenario of the Month - September 2011: First Clash at Carpiquet - by Kool Kat - 09-20-2011, 12:26 AM