• Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
07-16-2011, 10:18 PM,
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 17

[Image: cc7f0e1623Turn17_north.jpg]

French commander (Foul) turn 17 thoughts:
In the North
I am now wondering if i can do some mischief around Carvin, Rick's forces look weak in that area and there are 750 VP points up for grabs, also this move would threatern his forces to the south and may take some pressure off the Lens front?

In the centre
I have now pulled back to the edge of Vimy ridge, i have no doubt i will have to give up Vimy and Farbus, but i need to fight for Bailleul on the southern tip of the ridge for as long as i can, further south all my battalions of the 77e Div are disrupted and i am in for a tough day as Rick tried to push south of the ridge, the 38e Bde has arrived to bolster the line, i hope they will help me survive this day?

In the south
Will Rick notice the 38e has disappeared? My line on the ridges is much thinner now, but if my position further north collapses i will have to give the ridges up anyway, so i am willing to take the risk.
According to my reinforcement schedule i am only one day from receiving a cavalry division and an infantry division, so i need to cling on.

German commander (RickyB) turn 17 thoughts:
I am pushing forward against Darran's strong defenses - firepower is hurting me but some progress made. I did push hard in the center while he had many units in T mode or disrupted.

[Image: cc50186ec5Turn17.jpg]

Observer (Volcano) turn 17 comments:
It appears that the Germans have committed to a push on Vimy Ridge as the final attack. The north is weakly screened with cavalry and the south is essentially stagnant. Four objectives are under threat on Vimy Ridge, for a total of 1000 points. This is not sufficient for a draw, but if the ridge can be taken then perhaps other objectives in the area will fall as well.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !! - by Mr Grumpy - 07-16-2011, 10:18 PM