• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for strong opponents winSPWW2 v4.5 and winSPMBT v5.5
03-29-2011, 01:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2011, 02:14 AM by Leo.)
RE: Looking for spiteful opponents WinSPWW2 v 4.5 or WinSPMBT v 5.5.
(03-28-2011, 09:54 PM)low_bidder Wrote: I too, prefer earlier years. I wanted an NATO vs PACT because I have been on the blitz much longer then my profile would indicate. I have noticed that most of the newer ( since the turn of the century) players are from former Pact nations. It seems to me SP players are drifting apart. I consider that bad.
I would hate to see the SP community go the way of "Eve". Eve is a space based Sci Fi role playing game. In it the Russians have created their own little corner of virtual space and made it Russian only. That carries Russian paranoia a little far.There needs to be one Blitz, not the Blitz and the война молнии

While Russians are paranoid, Americans are arrogant. I think the small things such as playing games together can have big results. Such as bringing us closer. So I am doing what I can to bring that about. MY very own reset button.

This is good undertaking and good intention, but why I'm necessary fot it?

It agree, many Russian players become isolated in an own game community and concern all foreigners scornfully. Foreigners usually pay in it the same. But personally I don't limit the circle only to Russian players. I plays both with The British, and with The Americans, and with The Latin Americans and so on. I'm not an isolationist. I at all am not a member "SPR" (special Russian SP club against foreigners) though I write sometimes at their forum.

BTW, many Russian players play only for Russian armies. I don't. I can play for the different nations.

(03-28-2011, 09:54 PM)low_bidder Wrote: With the advent of modern computer based machine translators, Language shouldn't be a barrier.
I consider that any not-English-speaking players should learn English if they want to expand the circle of contacts. As you see, my English isn't ideal, but I'm tryin', Ringo. :)

(03-28-2011, 09:54 PM)low_bidder Wrote: So anyone can play the game as a PBEM scenario, which is what you advertised as wanting to play.
I just stuck several scenarios together and called it a tournament.
Please don't let that word throw you.

But I not obliged to play ANY scenarios on ANY conditions! The arrangement should be preliminary reached, both players should be happy conditions of game.

Except the inconvenient time period, I have noticed that in many scenarios it is necessary to operate 300-400 units. It is tiresome and uncomfort for me. I'll better will be play 3 parties with 100 units, than one big with 300.

Finally, all of us it is played for pleasure, for fun? Understand me correctly, I don't want to begin big long campaign (especially during time period in which I don't have enough of experience) if I don't take pleasure. I don't want to throw on the campaign middle when will bother and by that to put other players in an uncomfortable position. I or will play up to the end, or I won't begin at all. These are my principles.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for spiteful opponents WinSPWW2 v 4.5 or WinSPMBT v 5.5. - by Leo - 03-29-2011, 01:46 AM