• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
01-27-2011, 06:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011, 07:53 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 9

[Image: 09c5a449ccTurn9_Scarpe_area_2Dzoomin_French.jpg]

[Image: 7f13e739c1Turn9_2D_zoomout_French.jpg]

French commander (Foul) turn 9 thoughts
Daylight on the second day, i have managed to rest a fair amount of my units and nothing dramatic has happened on Rick's side of the line.

In the centre i think he expected a tough fight for Vitry, but the village is far to exposed to be defended, so having held Rick up during the night and let him establish his field arty & MG's i have pulled back out of range as the start of my withdrawal to the Vimy ridge position where my 75's will be most effective.

In the south i think Rick excepts that the ridge position is to tough to take head on and so is going to try to make the position untenable by pushing past the ridges to the north over the Scarpe river, this area is where i believe his big push will be, see if i am right or wrong?

German commander (RickyB) turn 9 thoughts
I have my reserve korps of infantry deployed and moving forward in the center, while the cavalry rests and shifts the rested units north.

I was surprised to see the French fall back on the last bit of night against the left of the 2 reserve divisions there. I was able to push the French back in a few spots, they are disrupting quite a bit which is helping me keep things together. In the south, I mainly fired and moved a couple of units up in preparation for assaulting when the time is right.

Observer (Volcano) thoughts
The fight is about to pick up intensity in the center. The French see the German infantry advancing, and the Germans see the French pulling back to straighten the line to prepare for the collision that will occur.

[Image: a1c6ad9469Turn9_Lens_area_2Dzoomin.jpg]

I included another screen shot out of request - to show typical fatigue level in a heavily fought area.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !! - by Mr Grumpy - 01-27-2011, 06:25 AM