• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Planning Maps for Dien Bien Phu now available
01-14-2011, 07:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2011, 07:59 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
RE: Planning Maps for Dien Bien Phu now available
Don't get me wrong, I think the maps look great. Every one could have it's own large battle if it was made. I wish ACW would have large enough maps for the whole campaign to be played at once rather than jumping from one scnenario to the next. Somebody had made one for Battleground Chancellorsville and three others but I cannot remember where to find them again.

I don't think the engine would have to be changed in order for the larger scenarios to be made and played.

Also not wanting SBs to be like other systems other than being able to have random maps and scenarios. Don't want it to play like other systems, just have the possibility of generating battles. People would then have the choice of having larger battles or not. I think it would be good to help keep people interested in playing rather than getting burn out playing the same scenarios many times over. I think that is a part of the reason people are still playing Steel Panthers after all these years.....multiple choice of countries, year, terrain, points to spend etc.

After thinking about it, probably would not be a good stand alone title for sale, because with that, would be no reason to purchase any other titles. But I still think it would be good addition to each title specific for that one title.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Planning Maps for Dien Bien Phu now available - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 01-14-2011, 07:58 AM