• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
12-12-2010, 04:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011, 07:47 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 6

French commander (Foul) turn 6 thoughts:
In the north it is now clear Rick will not be frightened from the Harnes area and i will have to except my operations in that area are now purely defensive, i just don't have enough units to the north east of the town to threaten Carvin and force him to pull back, south of Lens an interesting situation is developing with my forces closing around Avion a threatening to cut the village off, but once again with a night turn next move i think Rick will tough it out and try to hold on.

In the centre i try to push on Avion from the south but despite overwhelming odds i cannot make any progress and will have to settle down for the night, further south i have halted my advance around Fresnoy/Vitry as further progress east will only stretch my forces and i can see Rick's reserve units arriving, so on day two i expect to come under pressure.

In the south the battle for the ridges has settled down into a waiting game,the next move will be down to Rick, i am happy with the ground i hold.

So at the end of the first day i have a slight advantage in the vp levels of +28 points,as Rick needs to retake 4000 points to achieve a victory i now plan to rest my forces as much as possible on day two, i am concerned at the high levels of fatigue of the units just east of Lens.

See what day two brings??

German commander (RickyB) turn 6 thoughts:
My lines in the center and north are stretched to the limit, but the infantry reserves are arriving further south and stabilizing things pretty well. The far south is stalemate for now, I am building up a base of fire and hope to launch an attack if I can gain superiority through disrupting the French.

[Image: 74e5486f34Arras_turn6.jpg]

[Image: a6de03f14aArras_turn6a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !! - by Mr Grumpy - 12-12-2010, 04:21 AM