• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F14. Routed unit stuck in Rail Mode
12-08-2010, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010, 04:04 AM by Dog Soldier.)
RE: F14. Routed unit stuck in Rail Mode
(12-07-2010, 05:15 PM)Volcano Man Wrote: Exiting rail mode and getting an error that "Broken Units cannot use rail mode", therefore keeping them in rail mode stasis occupying rail slots, doesn't make sense to me.

If I understand you correctly, enough firepower or assaults can be made on a unit in rail mode to cause severe casualties and break the unit, but have no effect on damaging the train(s) carrying the unit affecting rail capacity even temporarily for a time determined by the time needed to recover the unit to at least a disrupted state say 5- 10 turns, 1/2 to a full day.

Must be really tough trains, or there is just an abundance of excess trains deployed idle in WW1, in the combat zone, behind the lines of a major action not carrying supplies and other cargo which can maintain capacity dedicated to carrying units. I thought rail capacity to move units was limited since it took weeks to assemble the troops before the campaign began. Maybe, German RR were that efficient. Other combatants certainly were not and the game in this situation can not make that distinction.

Sounds to me like the "mechanic" works as it should.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
F14. Routed unit stuck in Rail Mode - by Mafooo - 12-07-2010, 12:09 PM
RE: F14. Routed unit stuck in Rail Mode - by Dog Soldier - 12-08-2010, 04:04 AM