• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: What level of interest would you have in a "No Hold Barred, Last Man Standing" Tourney
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely, where do I sign up?
47.06%
8 47.06%
Maybe, sounds interesting.
41.18%
7 41.18%
No way, stupid idea.
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Any interest in a "No Holds Barred" Tourney?
12-07-2010, 08:15 AM,
Any interest in a "No Holds Barred" Tourney?
I currently don't have the time or maybe the inclination, but I was wondering if there would be any interest in a SPWW2 "No Holds Barred" "Last Man Standing" style tourney...

What I mean is a tourney played on the same map for all players for each round. The players are Red and Green for countries, and each game has a set points number. No airstrikes. The VH's are placed in the far corners of each map and are considered "out of play". That's where the rules end.

Players can buy whatever units from whatever countries (using ALLIES) they want. You can have all armor or all infantry. Buy expensive heavy tanks or purchase tons of light armor...the sky (within the purchase points) is the limit!

The goal is to simply reduce your opponent to nothing...destroy his forces or their will fight. Kill or be killed.

The tourney part would be single elimination. Once you've been beaten, you're out. In event of a tie, both players advance to next round - but play each other again. This continues until there remains only two...who'll fight for the ultimate prize.

No, it's not historically accurate and takes "gamey" to it's upmost "gamey-ness" - but could be very fun. The only other requirement I can think of would be for both players to write a brief AAR on the battle - mostly for the comic relief.

I welcome posts of interest and any thoughts...if some are positive, I may put some wheels in motion...

P.S. - I've added a poll for indicating interest...

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Any interest in a "No Holds Barred" Tourney? - by GUNSLNGR - 12-07-2010, 08:15 AM