• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Petition: John Tiller - Remove DRM Kharkov 43
12-06-2010, 11:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2010, 03:03 PM by -72-.)
RE: Petition: John Tiller - Remove DRM Kharkov 43
PC Crashes... or you could open up the case, remove the HD, get an external case ... go look up on the Googles how to retrieve emails (as it is all over Googles - I had to do it two or three times this year alone -- blame a heat warped laptop mobo). . .

then do what it says- and bingo you got your emails. Oh sure you have to do something complex and worse -remember what email client you were using (possibly more than one if you were really bored ans day were using Thunderbird and something from Microsoft). . .

Is it foolproof? Well who knows- it is like saying will the bungie cord hold before diving off a bridge? On the other hand, you do actually have a group of guys who actually have a reputation for providing support -so go ahead and ramp up the hypotheticals by all means; -like what happens if an asteroid hits the Earth and a giant tsunami takes out all the electrical grid because Bruce Willis failed to stop it because he was an actor instead of a oil rig spaceman guy.... it is actually on the same exact level of hypothetical situation -or maybe I figured I wanted to get that one out there first.

If it matters I spent money on a GamersGate product a couple of months back and got about no support. I figure it is on my end and probably my ISP's - but good luck getting a reasonable answer out of them.

Buy it or don't -that is anyone's choice .... I got the entire Adobe CS5 web design suite in a similar situation ( it uses DRM -and has for a number of years) - it is a hell of a lot more money invested - and I haven't read nearly the amount of crying on their boards as here - I mean jeez the products there are in some cases 100x more than what you are talking about with this one title. I mean that figure literally.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petition: John Tiller - Remove DRM Kharkov 43 - by -72- - 12-06-2010, 11:38 AM