• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do You Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.97%
22 70.97%
No
29.03%
9 29.03%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
07-10-2010, 02:32 AM,
How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
Gents: :smoke:

Curious as to how many CS players plan to purchase Modern Wars Volume I when it becomes available from Matrix? :chin:

I will purchase it! Big Grin It looks like it is going to be a good one! cheers

Modern Wars: Volume I is two games in one: Vietnam and the Middle East, covering conflicts in those regions between 1948 and 1985.

BTW... I did ask Jason the following question on the Matrix Forums:

What will be the learning curve for Modern Wars?

Jason's reply:

"As with the traditional Campaign Series, it will be quick to learn, but difficult to master.

I am creating a section in the manual for the "Veterans" of the Campaign Series, so they don't have to read the manual in its entirety before they get going. (Even though everyone should!)

The biggest thing to keep in mind is the many decades of time span the game covers and with that time span comes significant advancements in technology. I would highly recommend veteran players start with the early war scenarios and then proceed to later scenarios. I believe a veteran player will be quickly overwhelmed with a Lebanon 1982 scenario when trying to play with Campaign Series tactics.

Additionally, as the years progress the weapons become more leathal.

The Vietnam game has some unique features; for example, the ability to "clear" a jungle hex to create an LZ.

Helicopters are available in both games. In the Middle East game you will find them in the Algerian scenarios with the French, the Yemen scenarios for the British and various other battles. Learning how to use them for transport, gun support and tank hunting will take time, as with learning their limitations. There is a French in Algeria scenario that is an excellent practice scenario for honing your basic helicopter skills and recommend everyone play it... a few times.

While the fundamentals are the same, it is a new beast."
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars? - by Kool Kat - 07-10-2010, 02:32 AM