• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F 14 Campaign scenario observations
06-14-2010, 12:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2010, 12:34 PM by Volcano Man.)
RE: F 14 Campaign scenario observations
So far that looks historical; HKK.1 and II.AK did go to Tournai, fought its way through that DIT and kept going around the flank, that was their whole objective. If you are talking about a wholesale move of the entire 1.Armee in that direction with the intent on pivoting on Tournai, then that is a different story altogether and will undoubtedly take you a good deal of time to pull off. But like I said, you never know until you try your full plan against another human -- they can be most uncooperative. :whis:

Unfortunately, you never really know how everyone thinks or how they will play a scenario / campaign until it sees the light of day, so its hard to cover every base so to speak. Therefore, I see no problem with me "gently discouraging" an a-historical complete redeployment of the 1.Armee like you describe. Moving everything due west may not actually work well for the Germans because of the time it takes (we just don't know until someone actually tries it against a human in a campaign setting), but I see some areas where it would not hurt to out right discourage such a drastic a-historical-full-hindsight-movement-to-completely-avoid-the-BEF maneuver. In other words, it is no trouble for me to do a few changes to discourage that in the first F14 update, we will see (BTW, I don't know when the first update will be, I am just speaking hypothetically).

So, through the use of more wired bridges and congestion markers (to represent the fleeing civilians) I can certainly help to make it less attractive to "initially go west with absolutely everything". Anyway, for the time being, enjoy the no-holds-barred approach. ;)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: F 14 Campaign scenario observations - by Volcano Man - 06-14-2010, 12:17 PM