• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F 14 Campaign scenario observations
06-14-2010, 07:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2010, 08:06 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
RE: F 14 Campaign scenario observations
It seems to me that German 2nd Army can also be shifted to the right to support von Kluck, since the Belgian forces in Namur are of no account: 1st Guard Reserve Division, 13th Reserve Division, VII Reserve Korps and Hohere Kav. Kommand 1 can all shift right and support 1st Army. The French really don't have very much there to counter-attack with (53rd Reserve Division D rated, 5th Cav, D rated and fatigued, 3rd Cav, E rated and Fatigued). There are good units of 2nd German Army (VII Korps & X Reserve Korps) to cover those fellows and fill the gap between German 1st and 2nd Army while the Allied right is punctured and fatally outflanked. If I were in command of German forces the choice would be easy. We could put the BEF in the bag later on in open terrain. Jonny :soap:
"I am running a test now but so far the movement factors seem to indicate this."

Me too. I'm attacking with Hohrer Kav Kommand and 5th Infantry to see if the French 88th can get there and actually hold. I'm betting they can't and the whole of 1st Army and elements of 2nd Army can march into the wide open spaces before Douai. Jonny Whip
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: F 14 Campaign scenario observations - by jonnymacbrown - 06-14-2010, 07:59 AM