• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question to Glenn S regarding AT units
03-09-2010, 12:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2010, 12:59 PM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Question to Glenn S regarding AT units
Quote:In response to VM's post I noticed that in his MG44_Alt, for instance, he raised the defensive value of AT guns. I thought this was in response to AT units being decimated when going into T-mode while trying to retreat in the face of enemy fire. Possibly I have misinterpreted his intentions although I think this was a good idea.

Yes, you are correct, I raised the AT gun ratings for that purpose (and other reasons of course -- to make them more durable when they are in their defensive positions). It does seem to work reasonably well in allowing you to redeploy them.
(03-09-2010, 11:14 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: I think the person you need to convince on this is John. One would need to make the case that the German 88 would not be affected because these could be classed a HAA, but there were 88's that were mounted as an AT Gun, and Brit 17 Pdr ect - they are all big Guns and John doesn't or didn't agree that they should be able to moveone Hex at a cost of all MPs.

Would he reconsider? I don't know. But as I said, Tillercon would be as good a place as any to try - as timing is everything when it comes to changes.

Glenn

I am not sure if this is addressed to me or not (it must be since I mentioned the one hex move option). Anyway, if so, that is only ONE option and probably not the best one. If you read the second half of my post, there is another (probably more realistic and more intelligent) option. I guess it gets lost in the volume of text.

At any rate, I am not going to bother convincing anyone of anything, I am not that worried about it. I figure if people want it bad enough then the game designers of MC and PzC would bring it up, or someone will bring it up at Tillercon 3. I was simply throwing out the old idea in the first post, and then when it was questioned because of what I meant by the scale, I attempted to explain what I meant but more importantly (in the second half of that post) I offered my own opinion of how such a rule should work (the automatic T mode move). Other than that, I am not that worried about it.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Glenn S regarding AT units - by Volcano Man - 03-09-2010, 12:35 PM