• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Which of these PzC would you like the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tunisia '43
29.87%
23 29.87%
Berlin '45
16.88%
13 16.88%
Yugoslavia '41
1.30%
1 1.30%
Crimea '41
7.79%
6 7.79%
Norway '40
12.99%
10 12.99%
Operation Dragoon '44
1.30%
1 1.30%
Rhine Crossing '45
10.39%
8 10.39%
Poland '44
19.48%
15 19.48%
Total 77 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which of these PzC would you like to see?
02-08-2010, 07:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2010, 07:47 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: Which of these PzC would you like to see?
Well, I have to admit that I

1) Once proposed a small map game covering Brit tanks against the Japanese in Malaya - the battle escapes me now, but I did a CS Scn with Blackie in the area and thought it might work on a 1km scale. John wasn't intersted in pursuing the idea.

2) I once pursued the Guadacanal idea based on my Boardgaming experiance and posts showing interest in this on another forum, only to discover the map would be maybe 20x20, cover 6 months and require a malaria rule which would randomly kill more men than enemy action, that little in the way of ground would change hands, hell, how many more kill strokes are there to this idea. Lack of a way to handle Naval actions, ect ect.

3) I once attended a lecture on Iwo Jima and thought a weirdly revised time and ground scale could work with the engine here, but that idea didn't work.

4) I bought several books and began to pursue the Okinawa idea only to find that the invasion was unopposed, that the stuff in the north was clean up,that the line in he south held for months in a narrow neck where the ground gains were measured in yards, not 1 km hexes - it just didn't work. If someone wants to buy my copy of Typhoon of Steel by Belote and Belote, I will sell it for cheap.

There are other ideas we've looked at too - but these for illustrat ethe range of things we've considered and elected to pass on for now. The point of this info is to show it has been considered.

That said, I'll be the first to admit there is likely things we haven't thought of, and there has been no decision on to take PzC to the Pacific or to NOT take PzC to the Pacific. But I was involved in the CS Series in the pacific and even at that scale there was issues with some battles people wanted\expected to see, and that from John Tiller's POV, the Squad Battle Series covers this theater better than the opertional scale of PzC. And anyone interested in the Solomons should try John's Naval Campaign Guadacanal, as it is a lot of fun.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which of these PzC would you like to see? - by Glenn Saunders - 02-08-2010, 07:40 AM