• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Which of these PzC would you like the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tunisia '43
29.87%
23 29.87%
Berlin '45
16.88%
13 16.88%
Yugoslavia '41
1.30%
1 1.30%
Crimea '41
7.79%
6 7.79%
Norway '40
12.99%
10 12.99%
Operation Dragoon '44
1.30%
1 1.30%
Rhine Crossing '45
10.39%
8 10.39%
Poland '44
19.48%
15 19.48%
Total 77 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which of these PzC would you like to see?
02-01-2010, 06:33 AM,
RE: Which of these PzC would you like to see?
I slept on this (naturally the "Norway" post was my last post of yesterday night, so it was a lot of things, but maybe not entirely thought out as well as I'd liked.

I do think that a map of the useable portions of 1940 Norway would be consistent with the scale of other Panzer Campaigns titles, I don't think that is really a major problem. I do have board games on it, and understand Glenn's concern about mapping out a lot of unusable nothingness. So that is valid only to the point that even in the southern portion of Norway there isn't much that is really militarily significant in ratio to the areas that are militarily significant. Before anyone gets on me, what I am meaning is that there is the southern coastline, and then there are a couple of major valleys (one of which being the one that runs through Lillehammer), and then ports along fjords- a lot of them. There weren't that many units involved in the Norwegian campaign, and most of the movement (and movement in a game is really what usually determines if it sells or not) would be very localized, and/or advancing up a couple of valleys along the rail lines (up towards Trondheim and I think Namsos.

The question then becomes: Is that enough?

I am thinking, no, now after more fully considering it.

I don't even know that a Berlin '45 title would be able to stand on its own, maybe as part of an Oder '45 title.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which of these PzC would you like to see? - by -72- - 02-01-2010, 06:33 AM