• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Change of Personnel in the H2H Section
01-25-2010, 09:00 PM,
RE: Change of Personnel in the H2H Section
The whole concept of H2H is to bring a diverse group of members together to test and evaluate scenarios. Someone you do not know may be able to see something that a regular group of testers have not seen?
Sometimes play testing with the same players creates a scenario that is great for that group of players. That specific scenario depends on the skills and traits of a few? I know I ran into that a few times.
I've had some designs tested and looked good. Then I was asked by a player, who was not part of my regular group of testing volunteers, to try out my design. He found major flaws and revealed the key imbalance to the scenario, that was never seen by the"regular testers". :conf:
And, close friends may have a tendency to not give an honest account of their experience in testing, for fear of hurting feelings. :rolleyes:

For the designers it is a growth problem? For the testers it is "a step back, evaluate, and give an honest opinion" problem. We're not giving awards to designers for simply making a scenario. Heck, we're not even giving awards for getting through to approval. Both working together should reap the rewards of creating a balanced scenario.

Some designers do see critical comments as "attacks against their person". That should not be a H2H or scenario design problem? That sounds like a scenario designer problem?

If someone writes that a scenario they tested had "issues" and the issues are "A, B, C, and D", which could be solved by doing "this or that", I think that is a positive step.
If the designer has a problem with that, it is the designer's problem and not the testers.
What's so wrong with giving an honest comment?

The custodians of H2H do not operate from any motive other than to move scenarios along to final approval. We are not here to evaluate scenarios, unless we test them. We are here to help both the testers and designers to keep moving along. We are here to cull out any abandoned "dead wood". We are here to keep the lines of communication open for all.

We just want balanced scenarios that will help keep the game alive, especially in the area of PBEM. Big Grin

cheers

HSL
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change of Personnel in the H2H Section - by Herr Straße Laufer - 01-25-2010, 09:00 PM