• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule.
01-13-2010, 02:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2010, 02:10 PM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule.
tazaaron Wrote:Let me rephrase this, i see an entrenchment in MC as a bunker. I think there should be an IP and then a bunker but no entrenchment, trenches would not have been built in modern times. The only one i witnesses was built by engineers and took them all day, the only bunker i ever built with my AG took us 2 days. Getting off the path here a little but in MC Inf/tank units should only be allowed to build IPs and then a bunker after a delay like you have with laying mines. There should be no trenches unless you want some engineers to be able to do it, i say dont add bunkers b/c i would hate to have a 3rd modifier on top of the other 2. Hope im making sense :)

All in all i believe regular units should only be able to build IPs (fighting positions) and yes bunkers (fighting positions with overhead cover) along as it takes a good 12-36 hours. If you want entrenchments in the game, engineers should be the only units to build these because these would constitute a trench system with bunkers.

Yes, I see where you are coming from, but we must remember that "trench / TRENCH" is just an arbitrary name for something that represents the same protection level that a trench would provide (which is essentially more than a foxhole / improved position, but less than a bunker). You could essentially call a two tier vehicle fighting position of modern times a "trench" for a vehicle, and a Stage 3 fighting position for infantry is a "trench" although they are not connected in a continuous line.

[Image: fig2-46.gif]

The image is hard to see, but that essentially is the modern version of a "trench" as you probably know. It basically is a trench, an arm pit level position with parapets and without overhead cover. I think the issue is simply that people envision a "trench" as a continuous fortified line akin to World War I. The reality is, even in World War II units were not digging continuous trench lines, but rather digging fighting positions like these. So I guess it doesn't really matter what it is called, the TRENCH in MC and PzC is supposed to represent a trench's level of protection, not literally a continuous mile or kilometer of trench line.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule. - by Volcano Man - 01-13-2010, 02:08 PM