• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Korsun '44 Alt Scenarios V3 now available
01-09-2010, 08:47 PM,
RE: Korsun '44 Alt Scenarios V3 now available
Hi Hank,

I'll be very gentle :)

You are correct by the 10th February LAH had very little armor available. They were over on the left flank for a reason and were not used for the final push to Lisyanka. The major divisions that attempted to rescue the pocket was 1st, 16th, 17th Panzer and KG Baeke. 1st Panzer actually starts with 48 Panthers(!).

As far as LAH, they actually had 8 Tigers available but 7 were in the shop. The game will repair them (slowly) if you don't use the unit. There were significantly more Panther in the repair shops as many had broken down due to the excessive stress due to operating in mud conditions.

In the download package is 2 word documents. The "Part 2" document has all the revision notes and if you look on page 13 you will see the revised starting armor for each major campaign. The starting forces are based off a book by Nikalus Zetterling who used the German daily divisional strength reports to confirm what the German's had at what time in the battle. There is a huge amount of information in this document on what has been changed in the scenarios and why.

Finally, we have played the first campaign pretty extensively, but are just starting to look at the Korsun Pocket and Breakout campaigns. We already have some sweeping changes for the Pocket campaign that will be available soon. So please feedback anything you see in the Breakout campaign as we have had limited play time with it.

PS As far as Wittman, his unit is here, but I would have to check whether he was actually present at Korsun... (I have his book..!)

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Korsun '44 Alt Scenarios V3 now available - by Strela - 01-09-2010, 08:47 PM