• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Korsun '44 Alt Scenarios V3 now available
12-10-2009, 10:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2009, 10:38 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Korsun '44 Alt Scenarios V3 now available
Strela Wrote:3) The scenario design tools force the designer to 'guess' where the front will be - that is the case here. One option I think could give players slightly more flexibility is to use strategy options for the paradropped supply so that they could land in say 3 different areas. One might be Korsun airfield, one might be where the German start line was and one might be somewhere in advance of the line. Scatter would be still present, but at least this gives the player some control? The challenge for the player is that paradropped supply does not move so landing too far in the rear will not supply the forward units.

Excellent idea, and an excellent use of S|Os. I did this with B44_Alt, I provided some S|O choices at start (thanks to someone's suggestion) to where the US player can choose where he wants his supply dumps to be located. This is something like what can be done in K44 here, except that the S|O would happen just before the supply drop is about to happen. I would give the commander some manner of control in the drop, but not total control. Oh well, perhaps this is one more thing for the list of constant future improvements... ;)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Korsun '44 Alt Scenarios V3 now available - by Volcano Man - 12-10-2009, 10:37 AM