• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

**** OPERATIONAL COMBAT LEADER TOURNAMENT: HANS VON LUCK, PANZER COMMANDER
12-09-2009, 07:16 AM,
RE: **** OPERATIONAL COMBAT LEADER TOURNAMENT: HANS VON LUCK, PANZER COMMANDER
I'll try to continue with this Tournament around an officer career. This time is Hans von Luck. It could be "Pip" Roberts, Konstantin Rokossovsky, or any other.

i.e.

Walther Model was an Staff officer in the XVI Army in the French Campaign (F'40), then he was promoted the 3.PzD commander in the Russian invasion (S'41). In Tiphoon he was commanding officer of XXXXI Korps (M'41). In the Rezhev fighting and in Kursk he was the 9.AOK commander (R'42 and K'43). Then he was sent to the Northern Front in Russia, fighting in the Leningrad area. Then he was sent to command Army Group Center during Bagration (28 June) (M'44). Also he was sent to Normandy to try to rebuild a front (17 August). He commanded the forces who fought in Market Garden, and he was the commander of Army Group B in Bulge (B'44)... That makes him a very interesting subject for a Tournament.

Konstantin Rokossovsky fought in Smolensk. Probably I'm wrong, but Marshall Korobkov, the 4th Army commander, was executed by traitor and Rokossovsky took command (I have to confirm).In Tiphoon he was 16th Army commander. In Stalingrad he commanded Don Front. In Kursk he commanded the Central Front. Then he was assigned 1st Bielorrussian Front for the Bagration offensive. Then he fought in Poland and the Oder.

If you have any idea, I'll be glad to read it ;)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: **** OPERATIONAL COMBAT LEADER TOURNAMENT: HANS VON LUCK, PANZER COMMANDER - by sergio - 12-09-2009, 07:16 AM