• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Learning curve or Am I just that stupid?
09-24-2009, 12:51 AM,
RE: Learning curve or Am I just that stupid?
Cats,
You are not alone. No mindless units in the AW series. These digital troops have a mind of their own. Commanding troops in AW is like herding cats. I could not resist the pun.

I sense that most players with war game experience expect the Hold command to be the default status. The assumption is the sergeants would maintain the troops discipline. The player thinks, "I put you in that hex, so you should stay there silly unit." Since this does happen in most war games, players are stunned to find out that their troops will break up the line when the overall operation is defending very easily. Some will advance, some will retreat ans some will hold their ground. On the surface, first contact in the AW games seems to capture what many war games lack, that chaos ensues. :hissy:

I too have have struggled fighting the AI trying to learn how to just get my troops to obey my plan.

Klaus,
Could you elaborate a little more from your experiences? How can a player use the hold command and when not to use it to maintain a defensive position?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Learning curve or Am I just that stupid? - by Dog Soldier - 09-24-2009, 12:51 AM