• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Taking advantage of scenario knowledge
09-12-2009, 01:24 AM,
RE: Taking advantage of scenario knowledge
Feldgeneral Hoth Wrote:Sure, but don't do it from a previous knowledge. You can find a entry hex during the game. It's a prize to fighting in rear areas, but if you strategic plan is based in unfair knowledge of enemy deployment.?? is this legal?

I understand your point... but what am I suppose to do with prior knowledge of a scenario? Suppress it? Don't act upon it? :chin:

I like Scud's compromise solution - inform your opponent of prior scenario knowledge and then decide how to proceed with the game?

Actually, with many reinforcement entry hexes located far behind the front lines, only fast moving recon units skirting around the flanks or poor play by your opponent will allow you to gain access to the reinforcement areas? In these cases, should not your forces be able to intercept enemy reinforcements - regardless of scenario knowledge?

Also, on the flip side of the argument, should not players guard reinforcement entry hexes to counter possible interdiction moves by your opponent? :chin:

Good discussion gents! :smoke:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking advantage of scenario knowledge - by Kool Kat - 09-12-2009, 01:24 AM