• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

formulating an attack plan
07-27-2009, 06:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2009, 06:57 AM by Bacillus98.)
formulating an attack plan
In this discussion I am using the "Left Hook to Kharkov" scenario in K42. I wanted to get a solid idea on how experienced PzC players plan an attack. Everyone who is a veteran to the series in some way devises an attack plan. This I believe will help myself and other new players to the series. Many times I am confronted with "what do I do now ?" syndrome. The 253 Soviet ID is a starting point in my discussion. In this sector the Soviet player is facing a portion of the German 62nd ID and the element of the 108th Hungarian division. At first glance it looks like the placement of forces suggests that the 981st regiment should stay put since its in trenches. However, the Germans south of the Hungarians are in bunkers. This means they will be tougher to crack than the poor Hungarian troops in trenches. So how do you attack as the Russians? Do you mega stack a few hexes in key locations but at the expense of the Soviet flanks?
Note: All swastikas will be drawn through in case there is any German forums users to avoid any trouble.
[Image: firstturnattack.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
formulating an attack plan - by Bacillus98 - 07-27-2009, 06:31 AM
RE: formulating an attack plan - by Al - 07-27-2009, 07:44 AM
RE: formulating an attack plan - by SuperIke - 07-28-2009, 12:32 AM
RE: formulating an attack plan - by Bacillus98 - 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM
RE: formulating an attack plan - by Liebchen - 07-29-2009, 03:14 PM