• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Playing without the CD
07-23-2009, 05:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2009, 05:25 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
RE: Playing without the CD
Bump.

This is a useful thread for folks who have multiple SB games and didn't realize that you can make a master disc to play off of. This thread was 'unapproved' for a long time, but with HPS doing away with the disc requirement, Rich Hamilton has given the nod on his blog to talk about the magic disc.

I've used one for years and is a great way to go until all the games get updated and this becomes obsolete...

Nik's post works well. A simpler way of saying it is that once the game is installed on your computer using the master disc, create a folder on a CD-R or RW with the EXACT same name that appears on the master disc and transfer the exe file of the game into that folder. This should be all you need to run the magic disc. Make sure that if you have multiple drives on your computer that you install them using the same drive so that you can just leave the disc in there. I installed Eagle's Strike using a different drive and have to switch it because I'm too lazy to uninstall/reinstall on the other drive!
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Playing without the CD - by TheBigRedOne - 08-02-2006, 05:29 AM
RE: Playing without the CD - by Nikb - 08-09-2006, 08:34 PM
RE: Playing without the CD - by Nikb - 08-10-2006, 08:40 PM
RE: Playing without the CD - by Ozgur Budak - 06-02-2008, 05:44 AM
RE: Playing without the CD - by Alpha Zwo - 06-04-2008, 05:06 AM
RE: Playing without the CD - by TheBigRedOne - 07-23-2009, 05:22 AM