• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Questions on Purchase Options of TOAW-III
07-15-2009, 07:09 AM,
Questions on Purchase Options of TOAW-III
Hi All,

I have the old TOAW from the 90's, and I see on this forum that TOAW-III seems even more highly regarded than the original.

I also see that I could find some pbem opponents here, as well.

I am considering purchase of TOAW-III from Matrix, but I see several purchase options.

I am considering Digital download with hard-copy CD, or maybe just hard-copy CD.

If I order just the CD, can I get the game to play without having the CD in the machine all the time (like I do with Combat Mission).

I only have 2 doors for CD's, and one has a CMAK disc and the other has a CMBB disc (I routinely have 6-12 Combat Mission pbem's going at once).

What about electronic registration...? I've read some horror stories about game companies forcing people to register on a server..? ...every time they want to play...?
Is that required with TOAW-III from Matrix or any other retail outlet...?

I always find it hard to believe that a company will still have server up 10-years from now, for their customers.

Sorry for the all the ignorant questions.
I see all these forums for games other than Combat Mission, and they seem interesting enough to consider purchasing more games and branching out a bit...

Thanks in advance,
Ken
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Questions on Purchase Options of TOAW-III - by Ken F. (FGM) - 07-15-2009, 07:09 AM