• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unfairness and nasty surprises in tournament?
03-02-2009, 07:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2009, 07:00 PM by blazephemik.)
Unfairness and nasty surprises in tournament?
Hi!

I´m doing some research and groundwork for possible tournament. Whole thing is still just a sketchwork in my head and far from refined plan.

What I´d like to know is how much of unfair situations and groundshaking surprises people would be willing to take in tourney? There would be issues like
-total intel blindness. You have no clear idea of enemy forces nor their objectives. Other side could meet their objectives without other side even noticing that.
-dynamic battle map and casualty calculations resulting crippled and damaged formations could face full strength armour units depending how others have done their previous games.
-Battles with so huge force strenght difference that only sensible solution is to draw your forces to retreat area, limiting fights only to weaken enemy forces before next battle.
-No individual winner nor loser. Only team scoring.
-Objectives and situations (enemy and own) in other battles might determine reinforcements and fixing of damaged formations for all players in the side.

Does it sound too complicated?

-edit:typos-
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Unfairness and nasty surprises in tournament? - by blazephemik - 03-02-2009, 07:00 PM