• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM Generated Battle (Quick Battle)
02-23-2009, 09:50 AM,
RE: PBEM Generated Battle (Quick Battle)
junk2drive Wrote:Ed, most of the time that I see a request for a battle at the blitz, the posts tend to say "pick something and send it over". This tells me that most people, like me, don't like perusing the DB or in game scenario menu looking for something interesting to play.

I usually say something like that because, after playing a few hundred scenarios anything I pick I probably have played. And, I tend to gravitate to the balanced scenarios that I have experienced. some players ask if I have played a scenario before. Most likely the answer will be yes.
Seems to me that a player who is not willing to search for something interesting would only be adding to the uninteresting by selecting a "generated battle" that fit no special category, was unbalanced, or unrealistic.

junk2drive Wrote:I'm just trying to help that situation by finding out if GBs are worth playing as an alternative to scenarios. Maybe nobody cares and I'm wasting my time. I don't want to complicate matters by instructing players to have to go into scen edit and mess about.

Well, if the players are too lazy to search the dBASE, you are correct in thinking they will not want to edit a scenario to balance it. I've seen that most players have requested balanced scenarios, so I guess it might just be a waste of time to generate an unbalanced battle to play as a scenario?

junk2drive Wrote:Back to my armoured breakthrough example. The Soviets generated forces will have a lot of ATGs and TDs. The Germans will have MBTs. Changing or deleting the Objs will not change who has the proper force for the task at hand.

Maybe Meeting Engagements will be the only thing worth playing.

Yes, the meeting engagement would be the way to go. Unless you want to edit in, from the OOB, some Soviet assault troops and edit out the ATG's, in that Armor Breakthrough scenario/generated battle?
But, that would be extra work? And, it would not mean balance would be achieved?

It does seem like trying to wear a sneaker to a black tie dinner. Or, highly polished leather shoes on a basketball court? :chin:

Ed
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PBEM Generated Battle (Quick Battle) - by Herr Straße Laufer - 02-23-2009, 09:50 AM