• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer campaigns mindset assistance
01-31-2009, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2009, 06:43 AM by FLG.)
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance
jward Wrote:Dear All,

I've been playing some of the HPS games that've been sitting on the shelf for awhile. As a former board gamer who played some of the monster games, I'm surprised to find the larger scenarios in these games intimidating.

For example, the full campaign in Bulge '44 seems mind boggling. Now, I do like detailed games and have no problem with the smaller scenarios, but how do you all mentally approach something like the full operational battles?

Thanks!

The best thing to do is just pick a campaign and dive in. It can seem very daunting and this is not uncommon. I have seen many posts from people in your position. When I bought War in the Pacific it took me over two months before I could get the right mind set to play such a monster. The amount of detail was overwhelming.

Lots of people have offered good advice. Do try to have a plan, even just a high level one. And it helps to take notes to help you remember what you wanted to do. But at the end of the day you just have to bite the bullet and start playing.

I can guarantee by turn 7 you will be well into the swing of things and it will all just start to flow naturally.

Oh and it doesn't matter if you make a mistake. You have hundereds of turns in a campaign, more than enough time to bring things around if they start to go astray.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by jward - 01-30-2009, 07:36 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Al - 01-30-2009, 09:18 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by FLG - 01-31-2009, 04:37 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Hank - 03-31-2009, 05:02 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by FLG - 03-31-2009, 09:10 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Hank - 03-31-2009, 11:27 PM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Al - 04-01-2009, 06:11 AM