• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Open message to Antoni Chmeilowski
01-15-2009, 03:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2009, 03:26 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
RE: Open message to Antoni Chmeilowski
Howdy,

As I mentioned in other posts, I find the argueing to be entertaining but it is not like I would lose any sleep over not having that entertainment anymore. I think you are doing the right thing about continueing to play. If I had worried about what others have said to me in the beginning, I'd be in a different hobby and don't think I would be as happy as I am with wargaming. My whole life has been about war, be it wargaming, army men, model tanks, movies, two time volunteer in the infantry, etc etc. I don't know about anybody else, but if all those things were taken away, I'm sure I would die a lot sooner than I should. With real opps, I see active gaming as an active mind if nothing else. Win or lose, that's a good thing whether in the games or on the boards.

Right now I play alot of PzC, MC, ACW and SP. And at some point in the future I will be in EAW, Ancients, Naps and back in Campaign Series or something new that I find to be really good.

The thing I think everybody needs to remember is this is an important part of who we all are, not as important as family and friends, but still important. Stop and think how many times have we all incorporated our thought process or organization from gaming into other things we do? It's even more important to "stay the course" when amongst those many who just don't get or understand why we do what we all love to do here. Plain and simple, it is OUR life guys! So continue exploring as much fun as you can. Life is just too short.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Open message to Antoni Chmeilowski - by Glint - 01-14-2009, 07:57 AM
RE: Open message to Antoni Chmeilowski - by zeiss - 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM
RE: Open message to Antoni Chmeilowski - by Glint - 01-14-2009, 09:27 AM
RE: Open message to Antoni Chmeilowski - by Glint - 01-14-2009, 04:25 PM
RE: Open message to Antoni Chmeilowski - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 01-15-2009, 03:24 AM