• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Alt Version of K44 - Community Request
01-13-2009, 04:30 PM,
RE: Alt Version of K44 - Community Request
33vortex Wrote:One thing that I doubt the game will simulate correctly, is the effectiveness of the german tank crews and their equipment. There are some documented engagements during the Korsun battle where ~20 panzers knocked out a 3-4 times larger tank force. There are several factors contributing to such results, not all of them modeled in the game. For instance, the PzV Panther could easily knock out a T34 at 2 km range, and did so consistently if commanded by a experienced crew. Not in PzC, at least not from what I've seen so far.

Since you have not played the stock CG version of Korsun 44, that may be were you missed this aspect. I have played the stock version from both sides. The German panzers have little trouble in a direct shootout destroying the entire Soviet tank corps of the 2nd Ukrainian Front in a single day of combat. The only way I found to make the Axis pay, was to rush single companies of panzers with the entire Soviet tank corps and assault in a single turn. It was weird using the Soviets as the hit and run tankers versus the Axis swarms of tigers, STGs and PzkwiVs. Heck, when enough defensive fire was sapped from the Soviet tank stacks, even the AT HTs came in to pick off a few more. It felt like using snowballs in July to be the Soviets.

I see many members like this title. We are all looking forward to the VM and Strela's work. While waiting, there are good smaller scale scenarios in the stock game to keep people playing it.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt Version of K44 - Community Request - by Dog Soldier - 01-13-2009, 04:30 PM