• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Alt Version of K44 - Community Request
01-13-2009, 12:58 PM,
RE: Alt Version of K44 - Community Request
33vortex Wrote:Will you make a 'fixed' version of this scenario as well as a ahistorical unfixed one? What about VPs and locations?

I commented on this on the previous page of posts but you might have missed it since it was buried amongst other info. Here it is again:

"Actually, I have already set this too. The Germans *do* start out fixed around the salient with gradual releases as the campaign progresses so that they cannot immediately pull back from turn 1. Also, the objectives are much higher value to influence the Germans to contest them. This part will not be changed and if people do not like it then, well, they don't have to play the scenario (they can play the stock game where nothing is fixed). The intent is to create something at least semi-historical here, and go from a situation where the Russians don't have a chance in Hades to a balanced, at least semi-historical outcome. The Germans have well enough tanks and firepower to get out of a pocket I believe, and not influencing the campaign to the point that a pocket will never form is a waste of a scenario.

Just as no Axis player would elect to play a campaign where they are fixed, it should be equally true that a Russian player never elect to play a campaign where they are not fixed. So there is no way around this other than to forcibly influence the semi-historical and have people try to "do their best" with the cards they are dealt. "
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt Version of K44 - Community Request - by Volcano Man - 01-13-2009, 12:58 PM