• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
12-14-2008, 11:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2008, 11:35 PM by JDR Dragoon.)
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
Hans Boersma Wrote:About this unit:

- was its designation PTRKMP/DRLR?

No. These Wikipedia page has the information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A6gerkorpset

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_...nce_Patrol

(Near the bottom of the "LLRP" Wiki page: The Danish Defence Forces had two Longe Range Surveillance Companies (LRSC) known as "Patrol-Companies" - one assigned to the Jyske Division (later Danish Division) and one assigned to the Land Command Zealand (Corps-level) later to the Danish Army Operational Command. The later: Patruljekompagniet was unit an all volunteer unit within the Danish Home Guard, and has now changed name into: Special Support and Reconnaissance Coy (SSR).)

PTRKMP/DRLR was the LRRP company under the Jutland Division. It was staffed with conscripts (albeit volunteer conscripts) doing their national service. It was trained by Jægerkorpset.

Jægerkorpset was/is a special forces unit directly subordinated to the Hight Command for Defence (Forsvarskommandoen). All professional volunteers serving on contracts. It is a blatant knockoff of the SAS, but still very high quality.

Quote:- are you sure this wasn't a LRRP unit?

Positive.

Quote:- making this unit heliborne and deceptional seems a bit overdone; if I'm not mistaken it would be the only unit in the game combining these two capabilities

The british D Sqd./23 SAS in the stock OOB also has this ability (the austrian "Jagdkommando" have helicopters, but no "Deception". I suspect they were meant to have been "Deception" capable, but as noted in another thread there are some strange things lurking in the austrian OOB ;)) But yeah, not really necessary I suppose.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85 - by JDR Dragoon - 12-14-2008, 11:15 PM