• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

people selling games off on ebay
12-06-2008, 03:28 AM,
RE: people selling games off on ebay
I continue to kick myself every time I think of this, but I'll recount the tale anyway...

In 2003 I sold off my entire (Complete) ASL Collection. I had every module, most of which were unpunched that I had collected throughout college from garage sales out of the way hobby stores I'd drive hours to get to because they had Red Barricades or some craziness.

I had the annuals, journals, General magazines with content in them about ASL, action packs, etc. It was a truly massive collection in complete and perfect condition.

I sold it for.... $650.

At the time I was getting a good price. Nobody was really into ASL, VASSAL had just come around. The 2nd Edition stuff was only recently out and I think they had only done BV & the Rulebook at the time.

Now I look online...that same collection is going for $2500. That said..it probably would have cost me that much to continue moving that massive collection between apartments and then across country into my house!

It's always fun to look though because you never know when you might be getting in early on a great thing. I bought up the Civil War games from AH/MMP (Here come the Rebels!, Grant Takes Command, etc.) all very cheaply on E-Bay. I've sold them for a minimum of $75 bucks a pop so sometimes buying an selling on E-Bay can work on in your favor both ways!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
people selling games off on ebay - by Bidermann - 10-22-2008, 02:01 PM
RE: people selling games off on ebay - by Copper - 10-23-2008, 12:49 AM
RE: people selling games off on ebay - by Daroc - 10-30-2008, 05:41 PM
RE: people selling games off on ebay - by everton - 11-01-2008, 03:43 AM
RE: people selling games off on ebay - by medlinke - 12-06-2008, 03:28 AM