• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule
11-25-2008, 09:20 AM,
RE: Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule
Well Narwan you have sold me causes as many problems as makes, cheers. SPWW2 is due a patch before Xmass that will fix PBEM campaigns but Andy also said it is giving arty a major work over so I am going to wait & see what they have done. SPMBT patch will follow shortly after. With luck might have put a couple of my ideas in.

On a few points unless playing MBT late era so good radio contact spreading your arty all over board will cause lots of contact probs anyway. If mad enough to spread all over then you should be able to target likewise. Nothing like getting hit by your own fire mission because you can't cancel it matey.

I regulary buy 2 FOOs except in small games using no rules. One stays safeish the other heads out trailing the scouts.

I have decided also chasing vehicles with arty is fine. They get to spread & run at the sniff of steel rain & it becomes a game of outguessing your opponent. Full movement, stop dead sideways temporary retreat. So many choices when really they would probably just keep heading for their objective. So it achieves artys prime goal disruption.
Changing games dropping MLRs on a group is most satisfying if do so with 0.0 or 0.1. On the other hand missing with is a big low.

Restricting area has another problem. If notice a big group of vehicles I would cover the area I am expecting them to move to with everything I had. Preferably just near where I can pop out & say hello after hopefully suppresing.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule - by Imp - 11-25-2008, 09:20 AM