• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule
11-21-2008, 11:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2008, 11:14 AM by keepitloki.)
RE: Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule
Do you play WAW type SP or MBT type SP, because in SPWW@ and MBT the rounds tend to land all over the shop anyway. But I have noticed that in WAW the rounds all seem to land pretty close together. Could this be causing some confusion and dissent over the FOO rule? I personally am a fan of the FOO rule but agree that it has to be kept simple (from experience: anyone who played round 2 of Op Sealion?). Apologies to Yogi especially, who played with a different set of rules to his opponent, which is even more confusing (and that was my fault I suspect)
Also I wouldn't agree with the big guns vs small guns theory. Butukojay is killing my guys with 90mm mortars while I'm learning just how useless a 12" naval gun can be (and we're playing the FOO rule).
A rule of thumb might be: if you can't clearly remember the FOO rule after drinking 6 pints (Canadian beer) it's too complicated.cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule - by keepitloki - 11-21-2008, 11:14 AM