• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The problem is not the assault rule
11-08-2008, 12:46 AM,
RE: The problem is not the assault rule
John,

I like your list except maybe for the vehicles. They typical tank only had a short-range radio designed to talk with their platoon/company. They weren't typically tied into a larger radio network. Command tanks (not sure if it was platoon, company or battalion level) did typically have longer range radios for talking with higher command. So, it might be better to limit arty to armored leaders (particularly the new leader in a tank) or HQ tank sections, similar to the infantry.

If it were up to me, I'd probably not give HTs the ability to call in arty. I am not sure that they even had radios, and they were probably not tied into any sort of command net if they were. It would make the most sense that they would rely on the attached infantry to make those sorts of support calls.

Not sure about recon vehicles. They certainly would have longer range radios intended to communicate with HQ and maps, but I am not sure it is really in their typical mission profile. Since they did sometimes support combat actions (especially the Germans), it probably makes sense to have them able to call in arty.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The problem is not the assault rule - by Copper - 11-06-2008, 05:14 AM
RE: The problem is not the assault rule - by Ivan - 11-06-2008, 07:11 PM
RE: The problem is not the assault rule - by Mike Abberton - 11-08-2008, 12:46 AM