• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The problem is not the assault rule
11-07-2008, 11:37 AM,
RE: The problem is not the assault rule
K K Rossokolski Wrote:
mwest Wrote:I agree that leaders should be able to call in / plot artillery barrages. However, I have mixed feelings on the use of HQs as artillery spotters. As Mike notes in his post, HQs are fragile and I am very uneasy about moving such high value units close enough to the front lines to establish LOS on enemy positions! Eek
:soap:
It seems to me that, if we have arty spotting and control capability vested at sub-unit level...in other words in a hole in the ground, under fire, in the rain or snow...it is a betrayal of common sense if that capability is NOT vested in higher echelon HQs, which are normally better manned, equipped and housed.
If an individual player wishes to expose his HQs in order to exercise that capability, that is surely his own decision. Game design should maximise options rather than exclude them.

I definitely support the idea of giving artillery spotting abilities to the following units only:

1) Units with radios (company CPs)
2) Leaders
3) HQs of any level

I am in agreement with those who say that dedicated FOs will only clutter things up. Huib's idea of separate artillery and direct weapons fires ammunition levels is a good idea as well.

I'm no programmer, but it seems to me that these changes within the realm of achievability for Matrix and would have a significant lasting impact in making the game less, well, gamey.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The problem is not the assault rule - by Copper - 11-06-2008, 05:14 AM
RE: The problem is not the assault rule - by Steelrain60 - 11-07-2008, 11:37 AM
RE: The problem is not the assault rule - by Ivan - 11-06-2008, 07:11 PM