• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The problem is not the assault rule
11-06-2008, 11:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2008, 11:01 PM by Kool Kat.)
RE: The problem is not the assault rule
Mike Abberton Wrote:1. I think I like the leader and HQs (probably even infantry company HQs, I guess) calling in arty option. Limits arty to a smaller amount of units overall, and lessens the risks of bypassing. HQs are pretty fragile, too, so they could be reduced fairly quickly. Leaders are tricky, but they are supposed to be force multipliers, right? You could even add in a limited quantity of FOs (1/company or battalion maybe depending on nationality) and retain the leader/HQ spotting as well.

I agree that leaders should be able to call in / plot artillery barrages. However, I have mixed feelings on the use of HQs as artillery spotters. As Mike notes in his post, HQs are fragile and I am very uneasy about moving such high value units close enough to the front lines to establish LOS on enemy positions! Eek
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The problem is not the assault rule - by Copper - 11-06-2008, 05:14 AM
RE: The problem is not the assault rule - by Kool Kat - 11-06-2008, 11:18 AM
RE: The problem is not the assault rule - by Ivan - 11-06-2008, 07:11 PM