• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The problem is not the assault rule
11-06-2008, 03:48 AM,
The problem is not the assault rule
Generals,
I am going to be one of those radical nuts here. I like the new assault rules.Just because a unit is outnumbered or cornered and or disrupted does not mean they should be automatically eliminated.Even a disrupted cornered rat will fight to the death.Just because said unit is all of the above and not disrupted doesn't mean they should automatically survive. Even an undisrupted cornered rat will eventually fight to the death and die.I never had the horror results described in previous threads. Don't get all emotional and begin another rant and rave,I am not calling anyone a liar. Just stating the facts for me.

The major problem is the los and artillery.Every combat unit in these games can efficiently call in arty fire except transport units which will at least see a question mark. Also, leaders see a question mark and they above all should be able to call in arty.

A lot of the problems would be solved if only spotter units and probably HQ units of a company could call in arty and this should require using aps (I know the hollywood types could call arty,fire an MG, throw grenades,fire a rifle, and bayonet or karate chop people all at the same time). The other units probably had little or no ability to call arty. I would have prefered seeing actual spotter units rather than sniper teams etc. Most every account I have read the units in the area were pretty sure when the arty fire was accurate they had a spotter around somewhere that needed to be dealt with.

I am not sure this idea could even be put in the game as a patch...........if it can please do.........if it can then for gods sake guys just deal with it! As for the stock scenarios (Non of which I play as I think most of them are lousy with any rules) do either that or set the assault rules to the old version.

But, don't take me too seriously..............I'm still upset about the collapse of the beaver fur trade when that British bloke wore the Fedora.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The problem is not the assault rule - by Von Earlmann - 11-06-2008, 03:48 AM
RE: The problem is not the assault rule - by Copper - 11-06-2008, 05:14 AM
RE: The problem is not the assault rule - by Ivan - 11-06-2008, 07:11 PM