• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
11-05-2008, 02:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2008, 02:46 AM by JDR Dragoon.)
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
Hans Boersma Wrote:JDR, a few questions (for the 1985 period):

1. Did the motorized infantry in the Jutland Battle Group have the same armament as the mot/mech infantry in the Jutland Division?

Basically yes (although I can see, after consulting my TO&E tables, that the MOTINF units had only 1 .50 cal. machinegun pr. platoon where the M113 equipped units had 3). But the MOTINF Battalions (not the MOTINF Companies in the Brigades) usually had the US M1 Garand instead of the G3.

Quote:2. Do you know the unit strength for Engineer companies?

About 150 men or thereabout. 3 engineer platoons of about 35 men each, a Staff/supply platoon with some 25 men and an equipment platoon where all the earthmoving, bridging and minelaying equipment "lives" when it is not used by the engineer platoons with about 20 men to drive the stuff around. DF 85 has the danish engineer company at 125 men (probably representing the 3 platoons plus some men manning equipment detailed from the "Equipment Platoon"), which seems fair to me (no reason to represent every last driver, supply and staff clerk after all)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85 - by JDR Dragoon - 11-05-2008, 02:44 AM