• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Adjusted S42 Alt Campaign - v1 - von Nev
10-28-2008, 02:27 PM,
RE: Adjusted S42 Alt Campaign - v1 - von Nev
Thanks for the response Krak.

I would like to understand what you did as the Germans. If you went on offense at the start of the campaign I think I will adjust for that too. That doesn't make any historical sense as by the time Nov 19, 1942, rolled around the 6th Army was in no condition to start some coordinated offense. Plus, the surprise of the Russian offense and the general confusion of the German High Command and the meddling of Hitler all prevented some coordinated German offense.

What German infantry units went on the offense? The units that I will most likely be "fixing" to prevent a German offense are the 44th, 384th, 76th, 113th, 60th, 71st, 389th and 3rd Infantry Divisions. I expect that they will be released with the 44th and the 384th on Nov 20th and the rest on Nov 21st. By this time the Russian attack will had dismantled the Romanians in the north and be well along in the south.

Remember, the goal of my adjusted campaign is to try to get the pocket to form and then for the German to try to hold out and then conduct the relief attack. If the campaign's likely outcome is a German victory early that is a problem as well as if the Russians collapse the pocket early that also is a problem at least the way I see it.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adjusted S42 Alt Campaign - v1 - von Nev - by von Nev - 10-28-2008, 02:27 PM