• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"To fire or not to fire, that is the question?"
10-24-2008, 04:16 AM,
RE: "To fire or not to fire, that is the question?"
Bidermann (FGM) Wrote:When playing Russians , I carry out defence fire with fingers crossed!! and eyes closed!!!! lol. In fact that goes for Russians firing in attack or defence Big Grin lol . I think I will have to up my dose of Valium when playing as a Russian, but I love playing as a Russian there is no hope for me.

I have found in my Moscow game that defensive fire is the way to go, even though they disrupt so easily. As the axis started to draw close to Moscow, Comrade Stalin ordered "Not one more yard to be given up". Every yard was to be fought for. That was three days ago and we have only been pushed back about 5 km since then. The enemy is taking such a pounding he has having to swap out his front line units almost every turn.

In that time my front line has been all but smashed, but it has given me time to put another division in place behind the front line, start others moving on their way, it has allowed my previously broken troops to repair, rest and start rebuilding and most importantly has brought the arrival of my Siberian hordes much closer.

So in some circumstances it is better to fight back , rather than just accept your fate without making the other guy pay. I think fastphil said it best, there are many different factors as to when to fire back or not, there is no hard and fast rule.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "To fire or not to fire, that is the question?" - by FLG - 10-24-2008, 04:16 AM