• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign)
10-13-2008, 07:18 AM,
RE: SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign)
German Turn 23 - The Battle for Suslovka & the Retreat of the 110th

Down south in the main area of operations for Totenkopf the Russians have reinforced their attack on Suslovka with massive tank forces backed up by numerous air attacks and dozens of artillery strikes on the village. Despite this II./SS Regt 5 still is holding their ground. However, the battalion's losses are quickly rising. The battalion lost some 70 men this last turn which was 20% of their combat strength. I sent two companies of Panthers (nearly 40) to relieve some of the pressure and swat away the Russian tanks. Finally, because of the overall tactical situation that is developing to the north I do not think that it will make sense to continue to hold Suslovka for more than a couple more turns. Therefore, despite the losses the battalion holding the village will not be reinforced or pulled out. They will stay put until they have to withdraw.

Further south elements of both Totenkopf and FHH are repulsing another attack.

[Image: M44SSTurn23a.jpg]

Further north in the area of operations for the 110th Infantry Division the retreat continues. The Tiger kampfgruppe continues to act as a rear guard and is battling dozens upon dozens of Russian tanks. In the ensuring tank battles the Russians elimimated my Stug battery which is a serious loss. Also appearing on the side of the Russians are the very mobile Russian motorcycle troops. With the presence of these troops I have to absolutely make sure that there is not a break in the lines as these units can quickly move deep into my rear areas and cause havoc.

[Image: M44SSTurn23.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign) - by von Nev - 10-13-2008, 07:18 AM