• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sound Mod - Cross Sounds 0.8 - Now Available
09-19-2008, 11:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2008, 12:44 AM by Cross.)
RE: Sound Mod - Cross Sounds 0.8 - Now Available
zeiss Wrote:Nice work. Any thoughts on doing a separate MBT version?

Thanks. That's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure there would be many differences. Did you have any specific changes in mind?

Currently, as you're probably aware, the stock sounds for SPWW2 and SPMBT are almost identical.

Though many of the MBT sounds are slightly better quality, even though they are the exact same sound. Don't know why the SPCAMO guys have not corrected that imbalance? Anyway, Cross Sounds does correct it by also installing the better sounds to WW2.
Therefore, a separate MBT download could be smaller, because it wouldn't have to include these 'upgrade' sounds.

If I were to create a separate mod for MBT, there are a couple of sounds that could be different. I guess vehicle sounds - like tanks - could be made to sound a little more modern (keeping in mind MBT spans a period of some 74 years).

I use a WW2 era motorcycle sound for this mod; this could be changed to something more contemporary.

CLICK on these to hear sounds:

Original WW2 motorbike

Original MBT motorbike
(same but with less hiss/background noise)

Cross Sounds motorbike

Possible MBT motorbike Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound Mod - Cross Sounds 0.8 - Now Available - by Cross - 09-19-2008, 11:43 PM