• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side
09-02-2008, 07:54 PM,
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side
Well sadly myself and Peter have agreed to end our game, as there were some oddities appearing in the game, due to the fact, I think, that we were not exchanging the required number of PBEM files. The last turn had a battle occur three times in a province, which I do not think should happen. Peter was also having problems with upgrades as he had the correct number of research points but could not upgrade. Like I said I think it was a problem with our email exchange files, which became corrput perhaps? Not sure, but I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and we have agreed to play again once the second addition to my family arrives in the not too distant future.

Peter has very sportingly awarded me a draw for my game, when in reality he was whooping me. His strategy of spreading unrest and confusion worked perfectly as I became fixated on arming and producing a massive army to fight a decisive battle. I also thought the main thrust would come in the east. And my lack of an early muster cost me dear, as it became more difficult to muster later on. I also think spending money on European diplomacy may be a much better cost effective means of blockading southern trade rather than assembling a navy, as producing ships appears to take too long to me and uses valuabe resource early on.

That's the beauty of the game, there are so many opinions on how best to play it.

I have learnt a lot from the experience, and I will now play the AI a couple of times to familiarize myself with the system more before taking on Peter's mighty southern armies! And I will keep an eye on the two other AARs which are ongoing here at the moment.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-15-2008, 10:40 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by Steel God - 08-16-2008, 01:19 AM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-16-2008, 04:15 AM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-16-2008, 09:01 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-18-2008, 06:46 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-19-2008, 10:25 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-22-2008, 11:05 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-24-2008, 09:20 PM
RE: Inaugural FoF AAR - Union side - by cillmhor - 08-28-2008, 09:44 PM