• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
07-24-2008, 11:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2008, 01:38 PM by von Nev.)
Thumbs_Up  RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
German Turn 25. Last turn.

The Russian units on the 300 VP hex are forced to retreat to prevent being potentially eliminated. I take the 300 VP hex giving me around 1550 VP points but that is far from the 1750 I need for a "Minor Victory." Barring something unforeseen I think this may end up in a "Draw." I reinforce the 300 VP hex with numerous undisrupted units to make sure I hold it through the Russian half of this last turn.

Since it looks like it will be near impossible to isolate the stack that was in the VP hex this turn I elect to instead to do maximum damage on the remaining Russian units with direct fire. Elsewhere on the battlefield I do the same.

I have a couple of recon air missions left so I fly them behind Russian lines and uncover a couple of Russian artillery batteries. I use my last Stuka strike to pound the heavy Russian artillery battery. I just "hate" Russian artillery in S41. There are so many of them. They are massive units some with 30+ guns and they inflict significant damage to the foot sloggin' German lanser.

I eliminate the remaining Russian units that crossed the Dnepr.

I look around and make sure that the Russians can't get some easy VPs because of poor placement of my final postions and I then advance to the Russian part of the last turn and await the final outcome.

[Image: S41TourneyTurn25a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 07-24-2008, 11:55 AM