Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
07-17-2008, 03:56 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Russian turn 21.
06:00 AM July 11, 1941
Normal
Visibility 3km.

[Image: RT21VP.jpg]
Victory points after the Russian turn twenty-one.

[Image: DotDsouthRT21.jpg]

366 Russian, 227 Russian infantry lost. Seven Russian flak guns lost. 15 victory points for the Germans. Again a favorable turn in VP terms for the Russians. The Axis is poised to attack the 300 VP hex. I have crammed every unit I can get there in an attempt to hold it one more turn.
I am purely defensive now as I do not have enough good order units to mount a counter attack that would take back a hex. The Axis have tremendous flexibility to deploy as companies in key hexes during the Russian turn then revert to the more powerful battalion units, which will take less fatigue, in their own turn. I concentrated my artillery on the SS battalion next to the victory hex to wear it down. The 10th Mot infantry companies stacked with it should be more fatigued. Maybe I could have taken out a company at this point with artillery, but I wanted to gain VP for the higher losses on the larger SS unit.
A southern push by the Axis was made this turn in an attempt to set up a trap for my units in the trees south of the VP hex. I withdrew to positions from which I should be able to reinforce the VP hex next turn if it holds.
I had a crack at an Axis divisional HQ, but I did not have enough artillery to try it.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by Dog Soldier - 07-17-2008, 03:56 PM