Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
07-14-2008, 01:08 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Russian turn 20.
04:00 AM July 11, 1941
Dawn
Visibility 1km.

[Image: RT20VP.jpg]

Victory points after the Russian turn twenty.

[Image: DotDsouthRT20.jpg]

Hooray, 13th Army rallied the HQ’s. Can they stay that way? Will it help salvage a few units from disruption? 519 Russian and 425 German infantry were lost. Two flak guns were traded for two German vehicles. The German gained hexes toward the 300 VP village, but lost 13 victory points. Can I whittle the Axis down over the next five turns to stop their advance?
A draw seems certain if I do not allow any break through. My stack that assaulted last turn to gain the woods in the north was pummeled by artillery and air strikes until both units disrupted. The Axis must have used all the shots they had on this one hex. The German assault pushed them back and relieved the pressure. I was forced to withdraw on the southern side of the highway due to Axis pressure.

von Nev is now using large stacks of companies. He is relying on the high German morale and the sheer number of units in his hexes to prevent any further Russian counter attacks. Two German infantry battalions broken down to companies means six Axis units to disrupt. Since some are still probably A morale, that will preclude any further Russian assaults to regain key hexes. This is a perfect German tactic to hold ground late in this scenario. Even if there were no German units with A morale in a hex, unlikely as they only need one company in A morale to hold a hex, the Russians would take two turns to disrupt them all in most cases. The larger Russian units will not have as many direct fire opportunities. The German player would simply rotate his reserve companies in his turn to prevent having them all being disrupted.
It may be impossible to mount a Russian counter attack in the final turns for that could take back a key VP hex. Guess we will see.

Dog Solider
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by Dog Soldier - 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM